How You Fold Matters

This entire weekend I have been searching for inspirational design ideas which coincide with Easter weekend. This morning in church I heard something really cool so I think this might possibly sort of work...

In the empty tomb, the head covering over the body of Jesus Christ was now neatly "folded napkin". Among Jews of the time a master would let his servants know whether he was finished eating or coming back to the table by the way he left his napkin. If he tossed it aside, he was finished. If he folded it, he was was not finished and would return. John 20:7 says "...and the napkin,that was about His head, not lying with the linen, but wrapped together in a place by itself." The hidden message in the story is that by laying his "napkin" aside and neatly folding it...Jesus was saying he was coming back! How cool is this!

So in the design world, I would say it is pretty important to know how to place and fold your napkin when you are enjoying/preparing and event/meal. Thus ends my lecture.

1 comment:

  1. wow!! This is so interesting. I never thought of looking at design like this.

    ReplyDelete